DMM is specialised in the commercial aspects of planning, developing and operating mines.
Miners need to make decisions impacting revenues over the life of the mine running 20-30 years in the future.
These decisions include carefully choosing between strategic, commercial, marketing and technical options available to create a convincing feasibility study or investment plan for owners and investors. Diversified miners need to prioritise different assets to find the value maximising investment portfolio. DMM can assist at different stages on this decision-making process.
Examples of projects include:
Economic and commercial feasibility
- Detailed evaluation and advice on the strategic and commercial options available for a new mine in development, results to be included in the (Pre-)Feasibility Study.
- Market entry analysis for the Pre-feasibility Study of a metal producer with input for the DCF model.
- Market research and commercial strategy development for the Pre-Feasibility Report of a poly-metallic junior miner.
- Independent, third-party benchmarking of CAPEX, OPEX (special focus on royalties, environmental costs and expenses related to possible delays) and prices used in the financial evaluation.
- Market part of the OoM, PreFeas, Bankable Feasibility Reports including market, supply/demand, competition and price investigation and forecast.
- Appraisal of an ore concentrate market incl. current and expected future smelters’ terms.
- Evaluation of route-to-market and commercial options for projects including
- Product strategies
- Value-maximizing consumer and off-taker strategy
- Regional demand, market and price differences
Market development and commercialisation of mine production
- Development of marketing and off-take structures for a new mine.
- Comparative assessment of the production of an intermediate vs. final product with revenue forecast.
- Independent market evaluation for optional products such as MSP/MHP/FeNi/NiO/Ni briquettes, Ni cathode etc.
- Competitor investigations: analysis of different market participants including technologies used, products produced, geographic markets, by-products management, commercial terms and customers.
- Investigation and development of value maximising options to commercialise by-products.
- Comparative assessment of the market potential, future market growth and expected future revenues of different base metals.
Market analysis and forecasting
- Market analysis, supply/demand and price forecast for different metals,
alloys and intermediates to complement existing market research
- Appraisal of less well documented markets including
- niche markets
- ore concentrate markets
- smelters’ terms
- markets of further intermediate products.
- Analysis of different market participants including technologies used, products produced, geographic markets, by-products management, commercial terms and customers.
Comparative evaluation and benchmarking of regulatory challenges for copper, aluminium, steel, plastics and chemicals.